VALUES AND PRINCIPLES:
At Gordon Education Centre we value and care for people in our school community and model this by how we act and speak. This includes respect for an individual’s physical, social and emotional well-being and belongings.
Values and Principles that guide these actions, within the school community include:
I AM SAFE, I AM RESPONSIBLE AND I AM A LEARNER
At Gordon Education Centre we believe in providing a safe and caring learning environment where individual differences are valued and respected. Where staff and students work together to create proactive strategies, to create a positive working environment. We believe in open communication and co-operation where all members of the school community are involved. Therefore:
• All members of the school community have the opportunity to be involved in meaningful decision-making.
• All people care for each other and show self-respect and respect for others.
• All students are given the opportunity to develop skills and strategies to reach their full potential.
• Everyone is responsible and accountable for their own behaviour and learning.
• Positive working relationships are based on mutual respect, trust, support, honesty, commitment, open communication, collaboration and equality.